World Bank report on Ease of Doing Business 2010 ranked Pakistan amongst top South Asian countries. Pakistan subscribes to a liberal investment policy which offers an extensive opportunity to local and foreign investors in all sectors of the economy. There is no requirement for obtaining permission from Federal and Provincial Government for setting up industry in any sector or location except for arms and ammunition, high explosives, radioactive substance, security, printing currency & mint and manufacturing of alcohol.
Key objectives of Sindh investment policy are:
- Development of value added exports
- Development of skills to improve efficiency, productivity and quality
- Encouragement of high tech and labor-oriented industries
- Development of infrastructure facilities through establishment of planned industrial estates, areas and zones
- Promotion of the dispersal investment at various locations
- Dispersal of investment to all parts of the country