Sindh Economic Zones Management Company (SEZMC)
“Business Growth through Sustainable Development & Innovation”
The Government of Sindh has established Sindh Economic Zones Management Company (SEZMC) under the Company’s Act (2017) to institutionally facilitate, promote, encourage and enhance the industrial base in the province.
The objective of SEZMC as body corporate is to facilitate domestic and foreign investors to invest in the manufacturing sector by offering special exemptions and incentives leading to reduced cost of doing business with efficient infrastructure.
To work for orderly and planned industrial growth by establishing Special Economic Zones/Economic Zone(s) such as IT, Media, Internet, Marble Cities or any other business cluster subject to the approval of Government of Sindh. To identify support services required by each economic zone(s)/special economic zone(s) and/or industrial estate(s) and/or industrial park(s) and facilitate to provide/establish a linking mechanism for industries to increase productivity and to undertake and execute which may promote directly or indirectly objects of the company.
The company aims to develop new industrial zones and facilitate existing zones to strengthen the industrial base in the province of Sindh.
The SEZ act 2012 declares that the SEZs can be developed either by the public sector, or the private sector exclusively or it can be on public-private partnership basis (PPP), irrespective of foreign or domestic investors. SEZ Act 2012 provides the authority of establishing SEZ with a minimum of 50 acres of land. However, 70 percent of the area should be used for processing while remaining 30 percent should be kept as non-processing area, such as hospitals, residence, vocational training institutes.
Exemption from all custom duties and taxes on plant and machinery imported into Pakistan for the development, operation and maintenance of the KSEZ.
Exemption from all taxes on income accruable in relation to the development and operation of the SEZ for a period of five years, starting from the date of signing of the Development Agreement.
Availability of gas and electricity by federal government and water by provincial government at the door step of zone.
For Zone Enterprises
One time exemption from all custom duties and taxes on imports of plant and machinery into the SEZ for installation therein;
Exemption from all taxes on income for a period of ten years to units starting production by 30 June 2020 and five years for those doing so after 30th June 2020.
Developed Infrastructure at the doorstep of enterprises.
- Availability of utility services at the door step of each enterprise.